Re: Renaming this list into debian-amd64

Hi,

Well I've had several issues. First of all, I was unable to use any
other than the SuSE default kernels. 2.4.21 and 2.4.22 kept freezing
right after "Uncompressing Linux-2.4.21.............." and even though I
was able to boot with 2.6.0-test3, I was unable to set the UDMA-flag for
the harddrive - hence everything was incredibly slow. Also I was not
able to enable UDMA for SuSE i386 at all, with none of the tested
kernels. SuSE x86-64 allowed me to enabled UDMA at least with SuSE's
2.4.19-64 default kernel.
Right now I'm running my Debian on that hardware, moved it last saturday
from KT133 -> nForce3. Was a bitch and took me all saturday but I did it
;) It's running fine, however I'm having the exact same UDMA problems. I
can't enable UDMA using Kernel 2.4.21, 2.4.22 or 2.6.0-test4. It's
working fine however with the Debian standard kernel 2.4.18-1-k7, any
ideas?

Other than that, I haven't had any trouble, rockstable (for more than a
month) as long as I had ECC disabled in BIOS setup. I guess it's a BIOS
problem since that mainboard ain't available yet and I've been working
with BETA versions of the BIOS software all the time, currently 1002
Beta 011. Hopefully this will get fixed for 1002 Final, haven't heard
back from ASUS yet on this issue though.
I've been able to install the NIC drivers, we also got Beta drivers from
nVidia which seem to be working just fine. However we got the driver
source, I don't think that nVidia is going to give the source away to
everybody so there might be some trouble when the drivers are final and
available as binaries only.
The soundchip was no problem at all, ALSA 0.9.6 supports the ALC650 so
no biggie.

I'm gonna give RedHat a shot although I have to admit that I don't like
RedHat... but I also don't like SuSE so meh, let's give it a shot.

Martin