Re: 64-bit packaging details

Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de> writes:

> Seriously, for non-native emulated binaries, having a full file
> system hierarchy below /emul/<arch>-<os>/, e.g.  /emul/i386-linux/,
> probably makes more sense.  Isn't this how osf1 and i386-linux
> binaries are handled on alpha?

For OSF, the files are scattered around the normal file system, most
in /usr/shlib, which fortunately doesn't conflict with anything from
Linux :)

(There isn't an official osf-compat package, but I have one at
http://people.debian.org/~falk/)

i386 emulation is broken since about when glibc was released, I don't
quite remember how the layout was :)

--
	Falk