Re: Packages in need of porting

    Roland> against what glibc package are you trying to compile? And how is
    Roland> the autobuilder managing the lib/lib64 issue? What compiler package
    Roland> are you

    Goswin> All alioth debs. The autobuilder is ignoring the lib/lib64
    Goswin> completly.  I will a check for 64 bit files in /lib or /usr/lib
    Goswin> tomorrow to catch libs without 64bit patches I think. Should be
    Goswin> easy to wrap dpkg-deb or something.

Can you give me a hint/example how to do this with 'dpkg-deb or something'?
Actually does anybody have working url for the lib64 page,
http://people.debian.org/~gt/lib64/ doesn't work at the moment?

    Goswin> The autobuilder is currently just a shell script,
    Goswin> http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/tools/build.sh

    Goswin> The real one is still missing too many debs.

OK.

    >> using? I have working gcc 3.3.2 biarch packages also with the fortran
    >> problem solved (missing 64bit libfrtbegin.a), if there is interest.

    Goswin> Drop the source into /incoming/sid-i386/. You compile gcc with
    Goswin> "linux32 dpkg-buildpackage", right?

Ok, I will. Actually I built just with dpkg-buildpackage, but I disabled the
gcc wrapper that defaults to -m64 during compile time (didn't have linux32 at
the time). 'linux32 dpkg-buildpackage' should work just as fine. I didn't
create a debdiff to the mainstream package yet though.

    >> I was looking at building 2.3.2.ds1-10 with biarch support, however the
    >> Debian build mechanism has completely changed so it was close to
    >> impossible to apply the current biarch patches from the recent packages
    >> on alioth. Is anybody looking into adding biarch support for the new
    >> build scheme, or shall we stay with the current version of the glibc
    >> amd64 packages (note we still have the "export _POSIX2_VERSION=199209"
    >> problem in there). The old biarch3 package built fine with my setup.

    Goswin> I export that in the autobuilder to avoid the problem during
    Goswin> build. I think updating the is not a high priority for now. Getting
    Goswin> more of the base libraries (and then the binaries too) to compiled
    Goswin> 64 Bit flavours is more important.

I agree, there are more important things right now. On the other hand, we don't
want to be too far from the main branch, otherwise, it'll be more difficult to
get security or other fixes in easily.

Roland