Re: Packages in need of porting

    Goswin> Hi, out of the base packages the following fail to build at the
    Goswin> moment:

    Goswin>  acl-2.2.21                          #groff           #ppp
    Goswin>  bind9-9.2.3                          ifupdown-0.6.4  #python2.3
    Goswin>  build-essential-10                  #libpcap         #rsync
    Goswin> #cyrus-sasl2                         #lilo            #screen
    Goswin> #db3                                 #modconf         #shadow
    Goswin> #db4.0                               #newt            #sudo
    Goswin> #db4.1                                nvi-1.79        #tar
    Goswin> #devmapper                           #opencdk8        #tasksel
    Goswin>  e2fsprogs-1.34+1.35-WIP-2003.08.21  #openldap2        tcp-wrappers-7.6-ipv6.1
    Goswin> #fdutils                             #openssh          util-linux-2.12
    Goswin> #gnutls7                             #pam             #zsh

Hi,

against what glibc package are you trying to compile? And how is the
autobuilder managing the lib/lib64 issue? What compiler package are you
using? I have working gcc 3.3.2 biarch packages also with the fortran problem
solved (missing 64bit libfrtbegin.a), if there is interest.

I was looking at building 2.3.2.ds1-10 with biarch support, however the Debian
build mechanism has completely changed so it was close to impossible to apply
the current biarch patches from the recent packages on alioth. Is anybody
looking into adding biarch support for the new build scheme, or shall we stay
with the current version of the glibc amd64 packages (note we still have the
"export _POSIX2_VERSION=199209" problem in there). The old biarch3 package
built fine with my setup.

Roland