Re: Updated installation images for Debian Ports 2019-11-22

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 07:02:15PM -0600, Bob Tracy wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 12:00:59PM +1300, Michael Cree wrote:
> > Did you build with latest toolchain?  I suspect the issue has
> > appeared with toolchain changes (hard to pin down when because there
> > was quite a period in which a new version of guile-2.0 was not
> > uploaded).
>
> I think I answered the toolchain question in my reply to Adrian's
> earlier message.  There was an attached "packages" file with the complete
> list of what I've got installed on the PWS.

I don't seem to have received that message.

Taking it that you did use up to date toolchain then that is rather
interesting that guile-2.0 built for you.  I ran a test rebuild a
week or two ago and it failed.

Maybe I should try again, but if it fails for me again that would
raise issues of:

- UP versus SMP since I test built on an SMP system.

- sbuild environment.

I will set a test rebuild going again soon and report back.

> are only loosely specified (e.g., >= some value), are the dependencies
> considered "best" satisfied with a stable package version meeting the
> requirement?  Or is the current unstable version of a dependency
> preferred when building for "sid"?  Many variables to consider, I guess.

Yes, built against up to date sid.

Cheers
Michael.