Re: Re: PWS 433au (Miata) recovery update

On Sun, Jan 27, 2019 at 12:25:52PM -0800, Alex Winbow wrote:
>     Samba isn't installable, and in fact I can't even build-dep to build
> myself locally; looks like the dependency chain goes all the way back to a
> specific version of libboost!?!?

samba build-depends on ceph [1] but ceph hasn't built on Alpha for
some time [2].  Looks like dtp-relative relocation errors during
linking in the build of ceph [3] is the reason.  I have a theory
that gcc is not taking the spec file listed in its invocation
arguments in the correct order with other passed arguments thus we
are not getting correct linking for some shared libraries in the
repository. That leads to FTBFS in other packages with these
dtp-relative relocation errors. I haven't explored my theory enough
to make a bug report against gcc.

Cheers
Michael.

[1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=samba&suite=sid