Re: iceweasel 10.0.1-1+alpha

On 27/02/2012, at 5:13 PM, Bob Tracy wrote:
On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 02:30:16PM +1300, Michael Cree wrote:
I've also just upgraded to iceweasel 10.0.2-1+alpha and have it running on the xfce4 desktop. It worked for a while reading a few web pages, but
has now locked up and it using whatever spare CPU it can take.  I can
still use the desktop ok---just a little bit sluggish.

Yep, there's a problem alright.

Just completed monolithic build of 10.0.2 with optimization: same
behavior as iceweasel-10.0.2-1.  I'll try a build with optimization
disabled.  Did you get anywhere with the debugger?

Um, yes, I did try it and it always came down to being in one routine, but can't remember what it was. Will post later when I can switch on the Alpha.

I am hoping that optimisation makes no difference now. We are no longer subjected to the nasty optimisation bug in gcc-4.4 and I've just got another optimisation bug introduced in gcc-4.6 fixed.

Cheers
Michael.