Re: iceweasel 10.0.1-1+alpha

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 11:44:29PM -0600, Bob Tracy wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 06:08:52PM +1300, Michael Cree wrote:
> > There is a new version, 10.0.2-1+alpha, accepted into debian-ports
> > unreleased about 24 hours ago.  Please try that.
>
> Just noticed it.  Downloading/installing now, along with a udev update.
> This will be the first one of *those* I haven't had to worry about for a
> long time (now that the glibc update with new syscalls is in place).

New iceweasel (10.0.2-1+alpha) is worse than its predecessor: it consumed
enough resources while running around in tight little circles that I had
to switch from my KDE4 session to a virtual console, login, and kill it.
Before, I could at least click on a kconsole window to make it active,
then kill iceweasel *that* way.  As before, CPU time on the iceweasel
process was increasing in lock-step with wall time.

I might try one of my monolithic firefox builds with the latest released
source tree in the next few days, just to see if that makes any difference.

--Bob