Re: a few package dependency issues

On 18/02/12 08:28, Bob Tracy wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 07:59:13AM +1300, Michael Cree wrote:
>> Why are you trying to install libjpeg62?  Almost everything now depends
>> on libjpeg8.
>
> Ah...  libjpeg62 *is* the "cruft" :-).

Indeed.

I also just realised that the libjpeg8 transition tracker for Debian-Ports:

http://www.debian-ports.org/~iwamatsu/transition/libjpeg.html

is not picking up all libjpeg dependent packages. The tracker for the
official arches:

http://release.debian.org/transitions/html/libjpeg.html

has updated rules for detecting which packages depend on libjpeg.  Using
that change in the rules I have just found another seven (source)
packages needing rebuilding: oggvideotools xpaint aterm freedroid
freedroidrpg pygdchart2 sdlbasic

I have binNMUed them.

Cheers
Michael.