Re: alpha architecture imported in debian-ports.org

On Mon, May 09, 2011 at 04:22:52PM +0200, 'Aurelien Jarno' wrote:
> On Mon, May 09, 2011 at 04:00:55PM +0200, Uwe Schindler wrote:
> > (...)
> > So there seem to be some files/packages missing?
>
> The build daemons on alpha have been shutdown for more than a month, so
> a lot of packages are out of date with the source version and with the
> arch all packages. In this case, latest version of highligh is not built
> on alpha [1].
>
> Someone has to provide alpha build daemons to get that fixed.

I finally switched /etc/apt/sources.list over to ftp.debian-ports.org yesterday.
This morning, "apt-get update" followed by "apt-get upgrade" looks like this:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  ca-certificates empathy-common esound-common evolution-common evolution-data-server-common exim4 fontconfig-config
  git-man gtk-doc-tools highlight-common hplip-data kdelibs5-data libatk1.0-data libgtk2.0-bin
  libgtkhtml-editor-3.14-common libio-compress-perl locales perl-modules python-twisted-conch python-twisted-core
  python-twisted-web
  apache2-doc cups-common cupsddk debhelper dhcp3-client dhcp3-common dpkg-dev epiphany-browser-data exim4-config
  fancontrol gcj-4.4-jre-lib gimp-data gs-common libclutter-1.0-common libcompress-zlib-perl libdpkg-perl
  libgcj-common libglib2.0-data libgphoto2-l10n libgs9-common libgtk2.0-common libgtop2-common
  libio-compress-base-perl libio-compress-zlib-perl libpam-runtime libsnmp-base libwebkit-1.0-common libx11-data
  mysql-common ncurses-base ncurses-term pidgin-data postgresql postgresql-client postgresql-contrib postgresql-doc
  postgresql-doc-9.0 python-apt-common python-bugbuddy readline-common spamassassin sysv-rc tsconf x11-common
  xbase-clients xserver-common
46 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 21 not upgraded.
Need to get 68.5 MB of archives.
After this operation, 197 kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

Good to see some updates available!  Has anyone stepped forward to provide
alpha build daemons?  I suspect the updates I'm currently seeing were
available prior to the old build daemons being shutdown...

Thanks, all, for helping to keep this platform alive a bit longer.

--Bob