RE: recent udev upgrade failure on alpha

Hi,

I had some time today to try again an upgrade of my AlphaStation 500 to
"linux-image-2.6.38-2-alpha-generic". I got again an error on loading the
xfs.ko module from initrd  (I typed it manually from the boot screen to this
mail *g*):

Module xfs: Relocation (type4) overflow vs _xfs_buf_find
FATAL: Error inserting xfs (/lib/modules/2.6.38-2-alpha-generic/.../xfs.ko):
Invalid module format

All other modules before (like SCSI QLA1040 and SATA SiI3114, Tulip
Ethernet,... load successfully). The last kernel that works is (as written
below): 2.6.31-1-alpha-generic, all after 2.6.32 fail with the same error
message (with some minor differences).

I had to go back to the working kernel and of course prevent upgrading
udev...

Has anybody any idea what's wrong with the XFS module? My root file system
on a SATA disk (not /boot) is XFS. Maybe its again a binutils bug.

Uwe