Re: alpha architecture imported in debian-ports.org

[ trimmed the Cc: list ]

On Mon, May 09, 2011 at 04:00:55PM +0200, Uwe Schindler wrote:
> Hi Aurelien,
>
> thanks for taking care. I changed by sources.list and added the keyring,
> package download was fine after that.
>
> But my already up-to-date (according to latest debian-sid) installation did
> not want to dist-upgrade anymore, a normal upgrade works:
>
> thetaphi@alpha:~$ sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
> [sudo] password for thetaphi:
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Calculating upgrade... Failed
>  gtk-doc-tools : Depends: highlight but it is not going to be installed
>  highlight-common : Breaks: gtk-doc-tools (< 1.17-2) but 1.17-1 is to be
> installed
> E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused
> by held packages.
> thetaphi@alpha:~$
>
> So there seem to be some files/packages missing?

The build daemons on alpha have been shutdown for more than a month, so
a lot of packages are out of date with the source version and with the
arch all packages. In this case, latest version of highligh is not built
on alpha [1].

Someone has to provide alpha build daemons to get that fixed.

[1] http://buildd.debian-ports.org/status/package.php?p=highlight

--
Aurelien Jarno	                        GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73