Re: Upgrading Sarge to Etch - failing to boot new kernel

W dniu 2010-06-18 09:03, Uwe Schindler pisze:
Another option: Could you try "linux-image-2.6-alpha-legacy" instead of -generic? This uses another start address that may be needed for some machines and MILO. But as you have read from my prev message below, I don't think any kernel after 2.6.22 would work. As you are trying .18, you should have luck, but don’t upgrade to etchnhalf!

Okay, haven't expected to find a kernel on the 3rd DVD. I will try it after the weekend and report whether it works.
Best,
--
piotrek