Re: etch --> lenny upgrade report on Alpha platform

OK, here are the patches I mentioned, plus one. You may already
have some, or may not need some, but for completeness:

1. dbus-alpha-unaligned.patch
     force gcc to generate proper code; it normally assumes
     structures are aligned.
2. hal-0.5.10-cache-alignment.patch
     force proper alignment of elements larger than 32 bits
3. qt-alpha-unaligned.patch
     force proper alignment for DOUBLEs encoded as char arrays
4. ghostscript-alpha-unaligned.patch
     force use of memset/memcpy instead of local (buggy on Alpha)
     optimized routines

In my version of ghostscript, when rendering under Firefox pages
full of postscript, sometimes I'd see as many as 200 Million UAAs
for a single page. The others were just VERY annoying in logs and
on console, amounting to only in the thousands over long periods of
time.

Hope they help.

--Jay++