Re: Build dependencies and the alpha autobuilder

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 11:16:48AM +0200, FRANCISCO MOYA FERNANDEZ wrote:

> I'm currently maintaining zeroc-ice packages and noticed that
> http://buildd.debian.org/zeroc-ice
> reports that some architectures are waiting for mysterious build
> dependencies.

> The alpha autobuilder is waiting for default-jdk-builddep which is
> a Build-Depends-Indep, not needed for building binary-arch. I know
> the current Policy is not clear about this but most other autobuilders
> seem to agree on
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2008/08/msg00447.html

> Is there anything I can do to get it compiled in alpha?

Dep-waits in wanna-build are "sticky": if the package was once a build-dep
and the package went to dep-wait, and then you upload another version of the
package without the build-dep, someone has to clear the dep-wait by hand.

I've done this now for alpha, armel and hppa.

Cheers,