Re: Hello! (and zombie processes...)

On Wed 21 Feb 2007, Bob McElrath wrote:

> What machine did you test this on?  I want to get rid of my clamav
> zombies and corresponding cron job too... but don't want to have to
> drive 3 hours to the colo in case it doesn't work... ;)

I did it on an XLT366 (EV56, running 2.6.17.11), upgrading from
2.3.6.ds1-4 (I think).
I did it on my home system from work, figuring I could suffer a couple
of hours of downtime if it went wrong.
You could install sash first and do it from there; sash is a stand alone
shell that's statically linked and thus isn't confused if your libc
should happen to go bad :-)

Paul Slootman