Re: Hello! (and zombie processes...)

I built/tested this on a fresh install that I upgraded from sarge to etch.
Basically installed the minimal CD, got a bare minimum system working,
upgraded it and upgraded the kernel to 2.6.18.  Then tested the test code
attached to the bug to verify that I could see zombie processes, rebuilt the
libc6.1 package, installed it and then ran the test case again to verify the
zombies were gone, gave it a reboot and the machine came back, then finally
I've been installing stuff and am working on getting a decent 2.6.20 kernel
build.

Oh yeah, the machine is a Compaq XP 1000 500mhz box.

Cheers,

Stan