Re: gnumeric issue since libc6.1 upgrade

On August 27, 2007, Bob Tracy wrote:
> Thanks for the steer.  I note that I *don't* have CONFIG_MATHEMU enabled,
> but from the description, it sounds like it's pretty much required.  Is
> this something new?  Until today, I didn't know that config option existed,
> so it either didn't exist or wasn't needed because I've been using gnumeric
> with no problems up through 2.6.22.  I upgraded libc6.1 because I needed to
> update my build tools to work the "aboot" issue, and that's when I noticed
> gnumeric broke...

It is not new in the sense that way back in the 2.6/2.5 line, kernel math
fixups became non-default/modularized (in debian kernels anyway).  So, when
this support is not specifically loaded on relevant platforms, math that
would return one of the special IEEE results just return zero instead.

What is new, as far as I can tell, is that since your upgrade, something is
now caring (and specifically checking to see) that it cannot generate NaNs.

--
 Tyson Whitehead  (-twhitehe at uwo.ca -- MC-)
 Computer Engineer                          Dept. of Applied Mathematics,