Re: gnumeric issue since libc6.1 upgrade

Tyson Whitehead wrote:
> What is new, as far as I can tell, is that since your upgrade, something is
> now caring (and specifically checking to see) that it cannot generate NaNs.

I suppose it's possible that the older libm might have been compensating in
some way for the missing kernel code: I don't think anything associated with
gnumeric itself has changed in the past several months -- I'm running the
standard Etch versions/updates of those packages.  I see from the dates on the
math-emu source files that this code has been around since (at least) sometime
in 2004.

In any event, I've built a new kernel with CONFIG_MATHEMU=y and will give it
a try this evening.  If this fixes the problem, I'll close out the bug report
and continue to wonder how I got by so long without the floating point
completion routines :-).  Very strange...

Bob Tracy               |  "They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist- "
rct@frus.com            |   - Last words of Union General John Sedgwick,