Re: [BUG] 2.6.23-rc3 won't boot on alpha (fwd)

Please help me understand - no patched version will go to experimental/unstable?

I will try to test tonight or tomorrow - is there a .deb already, or should I build it? I went to the link looking for a .deb - which is why I backed off - figured someone would ask the questions that I was afraid to ask.

Also, it was unclear to me what the difference between Richard's patch and the once provided. I realize it addresses issues other than the PT_NOTE issue - is that the sole reason that it is not used?

Thanks,

...tom