From: Ivan Jager [mailto:aij+nospam@andrew.cmu.edu]
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 5:17 PM
To: debian-alpha@lists.debian.org
Cc: debian-alpha@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: xorg 7.0 and Radeon 7500

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Likewise, if the X problems are believed to be fixed in Xorg 7.1, it
> would be a good idea to actually test this and report to debian-x
> precisely what does or doesn't work in 7.1 vs. 7.0, including as much
> specifics as possible about the particular bit of X that fixes the
> problem.  Currently the XSF is targetting Xorg 7.1 for etch, but if it

> happens that there are alpha-specific bugs *not* fixed in 7.1, waiting

> until 7.1 is in unstable probably doesn't leave much time for tracking

> down other big bugs before release.

Are there some 7.1 packages we should be testing, or should I build it
from source?

I am yet another person having trouble with a Radeon 9250. I recently
discovered that even running fbset to change the resolution causes the
framebuffer to show pretty colors, even when "changing" to the same
resolution it was originally working at. Anyone else seeing this?

Ivan