Re: xorg 7.0 and Radeon 7500

Donsbach, Jeff wrote:

> Fwiw, the Gentoo alpha port skipped over 7.0 and just recently marked
> 7.1 as "stable". (I'm not sure why 7.0 was skipped over). So, maybe
> there would be some merit in trying out 7.1 .

As soon as the 7.1 packages are available (experimental or unstable),
I'm all over that suggestion...  Disk space is an issue as far as
building from source, unless the new modular architecture implies I
don't need to build the entire X11 world to try selected pieces of 7.1.

Update: filed a bug report (#7567) against the fbdev driver at
bugs.freedesktop.org back on the 19th.  No response thus far.

Bob Tracy                   WTO + WIPO = DMCA? http://www.anti-dmca.org
rct@frus.com