Re: xorg 7.0 and Radeon 7500

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, Steve Langasek wrote:
Likewise, if the X problems are believed to be fixed in Xorg 7.1, it would
be a good idea to actually test this and report to debian-x precisely what
does or doesn't work in 7.1 vs. 7.0, including as much specifics as possible
about the particular bit of X that fixes the problem.  Currently the XSF is
targetting Xorg 7.1 for etch, but if it happens that there are
alpha-specific bugs *not* fixed in 7.1, waiting until 7.1 is in unstable
probably doesn't leave much time for tracking down other big bugs before
release.

Are there some 7.1 packages we should be testing, or should I build it from source?

I am yet another person having trouble with a Radeon 9250. I recently discovered that even running fbset to change the resolution causes the framebuffer to show pretty colors, even when "changing" to the same resolution it was originally working at. Anyone else seeing this?

Ivan