Re: rageircd ftbfs on alpha, cannot find epoll system call

On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 02:58:46PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:

> rageircd fails to build on alpha, "Cannot find epoll system call for
> socket engine". Epoll is the only socket engine that is stable on
> other architectures, and thus rageircd has changed to use epoll.

> Is this a porting issue? Or do I need to have an architecture-specific
> dpatch to use a different socket engine on alpha?

epoll is specific to Linux 2.6.  You should not expect it to be available on
buildds for *any* architecture (except amd64) until after the release of
etch; packages must be able to build on buildds running in a chroot against
the previous stable release, and they must install and run when installed
against the previous stable release to support partial upgrades.