Re: hdc : lost interrupt ????

On Thu February 2 2006 15:10, Jean-Francois Gobin wrote:
> The system (PWS500a) chokes on ide_cd and complains a lot about "lost
> interrupt".
>
> Any idea ?

If it's like my PWS500au, it's got a "Silicon Image, Inc. PCI0646 (rev 01)"
IDE controller in it that is as buggy as I'll get out.  Maybe try the
ide_generic module.  It works for me on 2.6.14.

I stopped using the cmd64x module quite a while ago.  It enabled DMAing, which
resulted in random corruption on my backup IDE harddisk.  Maybe enabling it
has some sort of interupt problem as well.

-T

--
 Tyson Whitehead  (-twhitehe at uwo.ca -- WSC-)
 Computer Engineer                          Dept. of Applied Mathematics,