Re: 325600 (<defunct> threads on Alpha).

On Sat, 2005-10-29 at 12:12 -0400, Tom Evans wrote:
> I apologize for not reading thoroughly -
>
> the file I mentioned, is in
> "build-tree/glibc-2.3.5/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux".
>
> I used "dpkg-buildpackage" to build the sources originally.  It
> extracted everything
> into"build-tree" - I made my modifcation there and was able to do a
> "make" in the "alpha-libc"
> directory to test my changes - not that the changes are made, I'm not
> sure how to build a .deb without
> re-trashing everything - I figure the tools out - just hoped a patch
> would come from my information
> quicker than it would take for me to be the fixer as well.

In such situations I just look through debian/rules, usually there's a
target to extract the tree and another target to make etc.  And if
there's a stamp file which would indicate the tree has been extracted,
just touch that and dpkg-buildpackage should build the .debs properly,
with your patch, without re-extracting.

Or you could integrate your patch into the package's patching mechanism.
But that takes just a bit more work, patience, etc.

-Adam

http://www.take6.com/albums/greatesthits.html