Re: Sound on AS500/333 next try

Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> writes:
> Alsa drivers are at this time only available in Sarge for x86
> kernels. But if you use kernel 2.6 you will have them without separate
> installation (only get the alsa package for the user mode
> programs). Then you can run alsaconf and install the soundcard.
> To load the kernel driver for oss just try something like:
> modprobe ad1848 io=0x530 irq=9 dma=0 dma2=2
> If that works you can add this line without "modprobe" to /etc/modules

If someone here has such a line for the built-in audio of Alphastation
200 systems with kernel 2.6, please post it. I always seem to get
messages about "device not found" or such, but I'm not particularly
knowledgeable concerning the exact drivers needed and such anyway.

Thomas Jahns
"Computers are good at following instructions,
 but not at reading your mind."
D. E. Knuth, The TeXbook, Addison-Wesley 1984, 1986, 1996, p. 9