Re: Sarge Release Notes - Architecture specific news?

On Friday 20 May 2005 13:56, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 01:27:08PM +0200, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> > I did not check this, but it has to be taken care of, that only SRM
> > machines are supported, i.e., all milo-only machines cannot install
> > Sarge, and those with both AlphaBIOS/SRM need to switch to SRM before
> > installing.
> >
> > Who is responsible for the alpha-specific text? If you can point me
> > to an authorative URL and a contact person, I can try to phrase
> > something, but it may take a few days as I am on the move, currently.
>
> Does this need to be in the release notes when it's already in the
> installation manual?  Upgrading a woody machine already running milo
> should work fine.

I have no problems with adding a paragraph on this subject in chapter 3
[1] of the release notes for alpha.
However, we don't have a few days. I would need a proposed text tomorrow
(Saturday) at the latest.

[1]http://www.debian.org/releases/testing/alpha/release-notes/ch-installing.en.html

Cheers,
FJP