Re: HPaq cxx trouble

Adam C Powell IV wrote:
Oh.  The error message made me think that "compaq" might be one of many
mangling styles supported, but it seems not.  Oh well, RIP CXX. :-(

I don't know, but if you really need to use CXX, maybe there is some way to install some older binutils in parallel to the current ones, just to support it (just guessing). But I guess at least a part of what's gained by using CXX (the math part) can also be gained when using GCC, just by linking with cpml (well, it does require adding an extra "#include <cpml.h>" in the code...). At least that's what I've seen in the few tests I've made (with CCC in fact).

The good news: the CCC .deb now works again (in unstable, will be in
testing by the end of next week).

Hmm, I'm fairly new to Debian. I was unaware there were .debs for the Compaq Compilers... (I rolled my own with alien and hat to jump through hoops to make them work).

--
Carlos Rodrigues

url: http://tudo-sobre-nada.blogspot.com