HPaq cxx trouble

retitle 175604 cxx's "compaq" mangling style not supported by binutils
severity 175604 grave
thanks

At some point in the past two years, binutils has stopped supporting the
"compaq" C++ name mangling style.  Therefore, cxx cannot be installed,
and cannot function once installed; this applies to 6.3.9.7-1 currently
in testing and my attempt to update to 6.5.9.31.

Does anyone know how this might be fixed?  I guess an approach is to get
an old binutils which worked and try to generate a patch, but I've no
idea what's involved there...

Thanks,
-Adam

http://www.take6.com/albums/greatesthits.html