Re: HPaq cxx trouble

On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 02:05 +0100, Carlos Rodrigues wrote:
> Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> > Oh.  The error message made me think that "compaq" might be one of many
> > mangling styles supported, but it seems not.  Oh well, RIP CXX. :-(
>
> I don't know, but if you really need to use CXX, maybe there is some way
> to install some older binutils in parallel to the current ones, just to
> support it (just guessing).
> But I guess at least a part of what's gained by using CXX (the math
> part) can also be gained when using GCC, just by linking with cpml
> (well, it does require adding an extra "#include <cpml.h>" in the
> code...). At least that's what I've seen in the few tests I've made
> (with CCC in fact).

I don't really need cxx (as much as I used to), I just maintain its
installer package.

> > The good news: the CCC .deb now works again (in unstable, will be in
> > testing by the end of next week).
>
> Hmm, I'm fairly new to Debian. I was unaware there were .debs for the
> Compaq Compilers... (I rolled my own with alien and hat to jump through
> hoops to make them work).

Indeed, the goal of the installer package is to avoid those hoops.  It
(theoretically) puts things in the right place, registers documentation
and shlibs, etc.

Cheers,

-Adam

http://www.take6.com/albums/greatesthits.html