Re: No more Debian/Alpha?

On 15 Mar 2005, at 12:48 am, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 03:27:34PM +0100, Falk Hueffner wrote:
Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@ftbfs.de> writes:

Hi Dan,

On Monday, 14 Mar 2005, you wrote:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2005/03/msg00012.html

Alpha will become SCC and will be availible via scc.d.o.

In fact, there isn't even a reason why it couldn't become a fully
supported architecture, except that there is only one buildd
currently. Unfortunately, it is not clear what would need to happen to
change that.

There are two Alpha 833MHz dual processor 1U servers waiting here. Paul
Cupis is trying to get hosting for them. As soon as Debian gets them
there's another total 4GB of memory and 72G of disk usable as autobuilders.

So that's two of us offering. Cool. Hosting isn't a problem for us - we've got a nice fat GBit pipe to the outside world, and a netscreen firewall to keep any Debian system completely separate from everything else we have here - even separate from all the other DMZ machines.

We're also decommissioning a 32-CPU GS320 with 192GB of RAM, but I doubt I could get the go ahead to make that a buildd. :-)

Tim

--
Dr Tim Cutts
Informatics Systems Group, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute