Re: Built 2.6.8 kernel without ext3 bug and working qlogic driver

At 01:03 08.01.2005, Norbert Tretkowski wrote:
* Uwe Schindler wrote:
> What about the problems with initrd after switching to the new
> kernel without qlogicisp? Or does the new kernel contain both
> drivers?

It contains both drivers, but I think we'll change the driver from
qlogicisp to qla1280 with the next initrd-tools upload.

I did not download your kernel-image, but in your description you wrote that qlogicisp is removed, and support for 1020/1040 in qla1280 activated. So updating should fail with "qlogicisp - module not found" when running mkinitrd during package installation.

For mkinitrd I would suggest to insert something like:
* try "qlogicisp"
* if package not found in installed kernel -> activate "qla1280"

This works for all kernels (2.4 and 2.6). But then you have to definitely disable qlogicisp.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de - http://www.schindlers-software.de
eMails: uwe@thetaphi.de (private); info@schindlers-software.de (company)
Tel./Fax: +49 700 PCLATEIN (+49 700 72528346)

Schindlers Software - Home of Schindlers PC-LATEIN 3.10
DIE Software zum Lateinlernen!