Re: updated kernels / miata sound?

On Fri, Nov 26, 2004 at 09:54:39AM +0000, Paul Jakma wrote:

> Are there any kernel updates for Sarge, eg with the binfmt
> vulnerability fixes? (I'm a debian newbie, so maybe i'm not looking
> somewhere i should be - but there havnt been any updates in apt for a
> good while).

Fixed kernel sources have been prepared, but it doesn't appear that they've
even been uploaded yet to unstable; they certainly haven't reached testing
yet, and the kernel-image packages are definitely a way off.  You'd want to
check with the debian-kernel list for any sort of firmer timeline.

> Also, sound on Miata is borked. I believe its a known problem and
> that a patch was posted here a while ago. Are there any plans to
> incorporate that patch or get it fixed upstream?

Neither my memory nor a quick google search turns up any promising hits over
the past year.  You would probably need to run this question by
debian-kernel as well, since they're the ones responsible for kernel
maintenance -- you might also want to provide more information about the
specifics of your sound hardware, as I don't know if a reference to Miata
will tell them any more than it told me.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer