getting debian on a ds10 to autoboot

Hi I am new to Debian on alphas.

Install went fine, box works fine, patched etc.

but,

Currently the server does not auto reboot, once down and at the >>> prompt, I have to type 0 and enter then the server boots, is there a way to get the server to boot straight off?

Also I have installed a stock 2.6 kernel from the debian tree, how do I get it to boot to 2.6 manually?, then automatically instead of the 2.4 if it runs OK? is aboot.conf similar to lilo.conf?

Are there docs for this? if so a pointer to them would be appreciated.

regards

thing