Re: Strange Exim Problem on Alpha

John Goerzen said the following:
On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 02:37:48PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 03:54:59PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
I see from your bug report that this is a reiserfs filesystem.  I've been
told that reiserfs is not considered stable on alpha; it has actually been
disabled in the sarge installer for this architecture over corruption
concerns.  This may or may not be related, but I figured it was worth
pointing out.

Hmm.  I've been running it for a year or two, 24/7, with no real
problems.  I've heard that JFS is not workable on Alpha.  What modern
FSs actually work?

Well I did a sarge install around august IIRC and I used XFS for everything except for /boot and it's been running fine. I haven't done any real stress testing but it seems to be ok.