Re: SRM help?

On Tue, 2004-06-01 08:36:42 -0700, Bob Lindell <lindell@aero.org>
wrote in message <[🔎] 7B632DA6-B3E1-11D8-9AC2-000A95DC4240@aero.org>:
> My pc164 would not auto reboot with the Linux 2.2 kernels.  Even with
> the correct settings in SRM, the kernel would not correctly transition
> back into SRM when rebooted or halted.  The 2.4.18 kernel in Woody does
> reboot correctly on the pc164.

I think this should have worked in 2.2.x, but no longer in 2.4.x and
2.6.x. Basically, Linux need to record all the PCI settings right when
it is to change something. Upon reboot, old values need to be restored.
If this is omitted, SRM will have quite some trouble to access all the
PCI devices (inclusive SCSI/IDE controllers).

If you can ever get to the ">>> " prompt (multiple times send a break
and/or Ctrl-C, usually I can make it to a prompt within 10min on my old
AXPpci33), issue the "init" command. That should set sane defaults.

MfG, JBG