RE: Recommendation for kernel/compiler versions on CS20?

Thank you for the information.
I'm now running an SMP kernel-image from one of the debian
security update mirrors, so apparantly someone else was able to get it
to work:

Linux version 2.2.22 (herbert@escher) (gcc version 2.95.4 20011002 (Debian prerelease)) #1 SMP

It turns out that none of the pre-built kernel-images from Debian
2.4.18* (generic or SMP) are able to see my IDE drive, as they all complain about IDE driver
and SCSI driver PCI conflicts (same system works with 2.2.22 generic & SMP).

I'll pass on compiling my own kernel for a while, at least until
I find out how to solve the missing IDE drives.

Dan