Module problem with 2.6.0-test9

Currently running Sarge on a PWS600au and some modules (not all) fail to load with the error "Relocation overflow vs section X" where X varies per module. This isn't new with test9, I noticed it on earlier kernels too but I'm not sure where it started. I compiled the kernel with 3.3.2 and ld 2.14.90.0.6, the newest in sarge. XFS and reiserfs were two modules that I tried to load but had them fail.

I did see a few posts on lkml about this in even 2.5 kernels but no fixes or even acknowledgments of a problem, is there some form of work around or fix in the works? I'd be more than willing to test workarounds or patches, the box isn't in production for anything.

Thanks,
   Jim.