Re: Error in getmail after an upgrade

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 01:56:20PM +1100, Mike Lake wrote:

> Last night I did an apt-get upgrade after about two weeks of no
> upgrading and getmail has now failed. It worked OK the night before and
> so its likely that something that was upgraded is causing this problem.
>
> mikel$ getmail
> getmail - POP3 mail retriever with reliable Maildir and mbox delivery.
> getmail version 2.3.7
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/lib/getmail/getmail.py", line 1605, in ?
> main ()
> File "/usr/lib/getmail/getmail.py", line 1568, in main
> getmail (account, _locals).go ()
> File "/usr/lib/getmail/getmail.py", line 422, in __init__
> self.users.append ( {'re' : re.compile (re_s,
> re.IGNORECASE),
> File "/usr/lib/python2.1/sre.py", line 90, in
> compile
> return _compile(pattern, flags)
> File "/usr/lib/python2.1/sre.py", line 136, in
> _compile
> raise error, v # invalid expression
> sre_constants.error: nothing to repeat

>From the looks of it (I'm in no way knowledgeable about python, so I may
be completely wrong) it seems to be compiling a regular expression
(re.compile(re_s, re.IGNORECASE). It's possible that you hit a bug in
glibc's regexp code, which also showed up in mutt a few days ago; see
the archives.

No idea how to work around that though, other than by downgrading glibc.

Cheers,

Emile.

--
E-Advies / Emile van Bergen   |   emile@e-advies.info