Re: my almost dead Miata: some success

More concrete/exact info:

I had my miata non-functional, not beeping, with 1100 1101 LEDs.
If I remove battery and put it back I get alphabios on video/serial.
If I select SRM in alphabios I get alpha in the starting stage after
reboot.
I have created firmware floppy (FAT-formatted with the only
fwupdate.exe file) and tried to update SRM/alphabios. At first, after
I select Update AlphaBIOS I see/hear floppy being read and then I get
display powered off, LEDs on mainboard are blinking and alpha produce
sounds like loud ticks. All this is performed discontinuously. After
reboot I get AlphaBIOS back.

It will be great to get SRM back, of course.
--
Alexander Kotelnikov
Saint-Petersburg, Russia