[Fwd: Re: Alpha Workstation Clustering with OpenSSI]

--- Begin Message ---
On Sat, 2003-10-18 at 19:05, Riccardo Vestrini wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I would like to request you comments about OpenSSI (www.openssi.org)
>
> I have ten Alpha Workstation 500au which I would like to put on good
> use,
> I seached the web for an open clustering tech and I found the OpenSSI
> Project
>  homepage; I tried to install it on a workstation, but I was not able to
> obtain a running kernel, anyway I spent only two evenings on this
> problem,
> so I'm not a real "user", for now
>
> Has anyone managed to use it properly on an Alpha with Debian? Could you
> provide me suggestions on where I can find documentation about open
> clustering
> tech with Alpha running Debian Linux?

Yes i use it on my two node alpha Linux cluster with Debian. Latest
release may not work on Alpha. I had verified till the last 2.4.18 linux
kernel release. The latest openSSI release is on 2.4.20-20.9 redhat
kernel.

BTW redhat releases doesn't build on Alpha. You can use the Vanilla
release.  Get the release under this heading.

"Get OpenSSI 0.9.8 for vanilla GNU/Linux. Based on the Linux 2.4.18
kernel. Runs on Debian."

There is also a sample .config file which i use in the CVS repository at
openssi/kernel.configs/config.alpha.

If you are interested in CVS ( I use CVS most of the time ) check out
cvs with TRUNK-GOOD tag.

-aneesh

--- End Message ---