AlphaServer GS140 (8400)

Hi,

I just happened to get one, so any interest if getting linux running on
this kind of platform? What i have tried to find out, got me impression
that linux isn't even near booting this kind of hardware.

I have told that it's upgraded GS140 (from AlphaServer 8400). It has
8CPU (6/525 if my memory serves me. 2/board) and 12GB memory
(4GB/board).

I cannot grant public access, but if there is anything, i am willing to
compile and for example MOP-boot to get things evolving towards working
support.

I am no kernel coder, so i am pretty much useless when we talk about
the kernel code. Still willing to spend hours and hours to get things
working.

PS. Already (could not resist) tried to boot woody and failed miserably :)

               ___o     </\_    upi@iki.fi
   /\o_      _ \<,_   __/\      <URL: http://iki.fi/upi/ >