Re: boot loader

Thanks Rich and Michael!. But I have yet another small problem.

 I left a small empty space in front of the disk drive,
 Now the debian installer made my "system booteable" without any complain.
 when the system has been rebooted  it start, jumps to bootstrap code and
 write in the console the meesage:

   	aboot: Linux/Alpha SRM bootloader version 0.9
   	aboot: switching to OSF/1 PALcode version 1.21
   	aboot: valid disklabel found: 6 partitions
   	aboot: could not find default config `a'
   	Welcome to aboot 0.9
   	Commands:
   	aboot>

and stop!.

Aparently the reason to stop is that it internally gives the command:

	>>> boot dka0 -flags a

When I give the command:

	aboot> boot dka0 -flags 0

the system start Debian/GNU Linux normally.

How can I change permanently the flags option from the SRM console?

TIA