Re: Netscape crashing [Fwd: Re: Re: Browser for Multia]

On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 18:54, Bob McElrath wrote:
> mcompengr@earthlink.net [mcompengr@earthlink.net] wrote:
>
> Netscape is an antiquated, buggy, spec-nonconforming, unreliable piece
> of shit.  The source of the Netscape browser evolved into the Mozilla
> project.  Don't use Netscape 4.x unless you absolutely have to.
>
> These days web designers use features (such as CSS) that Netscape simply
> does not implement properly.  Fixing these bugs is such a large
> undertaking that the Netscape team abandoned the original 4.x source and
> started from scratch, a project now known as Mozilla.
>
> There are many open browsers available in the debian/alpha binary archive,
> such as mozilla, konqueror, galeon, epiphany-browser, and
> mozilla-firebird.  They're already compiled in the archive, you
> shouldn't need to compile it yourself.

And none of them work in a decent manner. It seems that JavaScript
doesn't work either with konqueror 3.x, nor with mozilla 1.0.x, nor with
mozilla 1.4.x, nor with self compiled mozillas. I still don't know what
should I do on the alpha in order to book a flight ticket at
www.aua.com. Except for calling them. Which is what I finally did. :)

Cheers.
Ionut