Re: glide: added alpha support, need testers

Hi Dannis and Gianluca,

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 07:59:16PM +0200, Dannis 't Hart wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 07:59, Guillem Jover wrote:
> > I'm trying to fix #174035 (glide3-alpha FTBFS), so I've unified both
> > packages and now glide supports alpha. But escher.d.o is down and I
> > cannot build it. Can someone try building it ?
> > And also I would like someone with an Alpha and a 3Dfx graphic card
> > to install and test it with a 3D program and give me the output of
> > glxinfo.

> > The apt repo is:
> >
> > deb http://www.hadrons.org/~guillem/debian sid/binary/
> > deb-src http://www.hadrons.org/~guillem/debian sid/source/
> >

> Perhaps, if you send me some quick&dirty instructions, I can do it
> sooner.

I forgot, you'll need a unstable (sid) system if you have stable
or testing, please use debootstrap to generate one and chroot and
build there.

Ok a step-by-step guide. Once you have added the deb lines and done a
apt-get update and installed build-essential and fakeroot, as a normal
user do:

	apt-get source glide
	cd glide-2002.04.10
	fakeroot debian/rules binary 2>&1 | tee ../glide-build.log

And in the upper dir should be two .deb, libglide3 and libglide3-dev.
Install them. (Re)start the X System and run:

	glxinfo > glide-glxinfo.log

Also run some 3D application and see if it renders correctly, tuxracer
for example.

Then send me all logs.

Gianluca, I think you have a broken source dir or an old dbs (at least
0.24). Try removing the source dir and unpacking with:

	dpkg-source -x glide_2002.04.10-3.dsc

and then build with the previous fakeroot line.

Thanks a lot to both,
guillem