Re: [Fwd: shelves configuration on 2100 + DAC960 ?]

Thus spake Bourdin Pierre:
> but I'am still unable to partition anything.
> when I do:
> # fdisk /dev/rd/c0d0
> I got a "Unable to open /dev/rd/c0d0" !
> # ls -al /dev/rd/s0d0 says:
> brw-rw---- 1 root disk 48, 0 Jul 31 15:46 /dev/rd/c0d0
>
> I am a bit deconcerted... So if you have any suggestion ?
> better script or something that works...

I'd found the following script, which I used (unfortunately it's in csh
instead of plain sh, so if you're doing this during the installation, it
won't be very useful), but it's the one that I used, and it worked.  It
took a little while to create all the devices, since there are so darn
many of them.  Also, it's probably a good idea to not load the DAC960
driver until after the devices have been created, but in truth I don't
know whether that makes a difference.

#!/bin/csh -f

set DEVICES="/dev/rd"

rm -rf $DEVICES
mkdir -p $DEVICES
chown root.root $DEVICES
chmod 755 $DEVICES
@ major = 48
foreach controller (0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
   @ minor = 0
   foreach logical_disk (0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 \
                         16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31)
     foreach partition (0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15)
       if ($partition == 0) then
         mknod $DEVICES/c${controller}d${logical_disk} b $major $minor
         chown root.root $DEVICES/c${controller}d${logical_disk}
         chmod 600 $DEVICES/c${controller}d${logical_disk}
       else
         mknod $DEVICES/c${controller}d${logical_disk}p${partition} b $major $minor
         chown root.root $DEVICES/c${controller}d${logical_disk}p${partition}
         chmod 600 $DEVICES/c${controller}d${logical_disk}p${partition}
       endif
       @ minor ++
     end
   end
   @ major ++
end

--
Nathan Poznick <poznick@conwaycorp.net>

Now I'm going to tell you about the girl I'm seeing now. I met her at a
Macy's in New York. She was buying clothes, and I was putting slinkies
on the escalators. The girl I'm seeing now, Rachel, is a very pretty
girl. She has emerald eyes and long, flowing plaid hair. The last week
in August, we went camping way up in Canada. We were laying around in
the woods and stuff, and I don't know how she did it but she got poison
ivy on her brain and the only way she can scratch it is if she thinks
about sandpaper. She's a rich girl, she's from somewhere else. And her
father is an incredible millionaire. He's the guy who designed the
diagram to show you which way to put the batteries in something. Having
sex with Rachel is amazing. It's like going to a concert. She yells a
lot. She throws frisbees around the room. And when she wants more she
lights a match. -Stephen Wright