Re: [Fwd: shelves configuration on 2100 + DAC960 ?]

Le jeu 31/07/2003 à 17:03, Nathan Poznick a écrit :
> Thus spake Bourdin Pierre:
> > but I'am still unable to partition anything.
> > when I do:
> > # fdisk /dev/rd/c0d0
> > I got a "Unable to open /dev/rd/c0d0" !
> > # ls -al /dev/rd/s0d0 says:
> > brw-rw---- 1 root disk 48, 0 Jul 31 15:46 /dev/rd/c0d0
> >
> > I am a bit deconcerted... So if you have any suggestion ?
> > better script or something that works...
>
> I'd found the following script, which I used (unfortunately it's in csh
> instead of plain sh, so if you're doing this during the installation, it
> won't be very useful), but it's the one that I used, and it worked.  It
> took a little while to create all the devices, since there are so darn
> many of them.
Thanks for the script.

 Also, it's probably a good idea to not load the DAC960
> driver until after the devices have been created, but in truth I don't
> know whether that makes a difference.
You are probabely right...
I will have to build my own kernel with DAC960 as a module, because the
kernel from the install cd doesn't have de required devices but has the
drivers not in module !

Or is there something I can restart to help the driver find the devices?

Pierre.

--
Pierre BOURDIN