Re: Alternative to qlogic scsi card for 550au

Hello,
On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 04:56:33PM +0200, Andrew Maier wrote:
> which will support tape drives better. Are there any recommendations
> for which card I should get?

I've run an old tape drive with a symbios based chipset for a long
time in my LX. Trying in on my default aic7xxx card kills the machine
however (numerous SCSI errors, no boot or if attached while running
SCSI error literally swamp the machine). So I'd suggest getting a
sym-card.

Greetings

         Helge

--