Re: Alternative to qlogic scsi card for 550au

Hello,

well I finally put in an Adaptec AHA-294x card, and yes indeed it sometimes crahses upon loading the driver module. I would say there is about a 50% chance of crashing the system. Still once it is up, it is running nicely and I have not hand any SCSI errors whatsoever.

I have used it with an EXABYTE Tape and a Sony CDburner with success now.

Still I am curious what causes the crashes,

	Andrew